(December 19, 2011) Today IBM formally unveiled the sixth annual “IBM 5 in 5" (#ibm5in5) – a list of innovations that have the potential to change the way people work, live and interact during the next five years:
* People power will come to life
* You will never need a password again
* Mind reading is no longer science fiction
* The digital divide will cease to exist
* Junk mail will become priority mail
The next IBM 5 in 5 is based on market and societal trends as well as emerging technologies from IBM’s research labs around the world that can make these transformations possible.
At IBM, we’re bridging the gap between science fiction and science fact on a daily basis. Here are how five technologies will define the future: